Monday, December 06, 2004

One Big Happy...

Have you ever been incredibly happy and absolutely terrified all at once? My emotions have run the complete gamut today. Happy and content; Depressed and pitiful; Seething mad; Antsy and fretful; and now incredibly happy and absolutely terrified.

My best friend and her daughter are about to move in with us. Lock, stock and barrel. (Whoa, I just read what I typed.) I won't go into the specifics (she has a blog of her own, and I'll leave it up to her whether or not the specifics are shared) but K's in a relationship that has only gone from bad to worse in the last few months. It's time to get out. You know how there is always that moment when you know? You know that you can't take any.more.crap. She needs to move. Hell, I can't let her live on the street. Or worse, her car! She will be couchin' it, and brookers will sleep with Ally. (Yea, I can see that working. We need more duct tape. Not for K.)

C is handling this really well. He hasn't cussed even once! In the past few months its become increasingly easier to be in the same room with C and K. For a few years they would fight and nit and pick and throw stuff at each other. It wasn't fun for me. Now, it's like we're the three amigos or something. The three of us can sit and talk and laugh and watch tv and cook and eat and and and... other stuff that I can't think of, for hours, days! It's fun for me again. Yay me!

My hope is that this (brief) stint as roommates will make us stronger, sweeter, smarter and more patient. We will embark on this adventure with a positive attitude and a resolve to make things work for the good of the whole. I would also hope for as little bloodshed as possible.


6 Comments:

Blogger Harmony said...

I like the way you threw (brief) in there....

This should be interesting...

11:25 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

LOL! Yes, it will be interesting... but more importantly FUN. (I almost have myself convinced.) ;-)

Ly,mi.

5:21 AM  
Blogger Whiskee River said...

If it starts to turn ugly, remember the big picture. Your doing a fine deed which certainly wins you big points.

Bon chance!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!! I can't think of one friend that would survive living with me and my family. :) Hope all goes well. I'll be sending you a first aid book to handle the minor bloodshed.

angie over at ficken chingers

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Hugh, Thank you so much for the sweet sentiments and SOUND ADVICE. I don't expect things to get nasty, but if they do; we will live thru it. Krista and I have known each other for 28 years. We've shared everything that two sisters would share. In other words, we've been through the knock down, drag outs. We always come back together loving each other even more.

(Geez, that was sappy.)

7:11 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Thanks Angie. We may need it. ;-)

Last time we lived together it was a complete failure, but we've both grown up alot. This time will be much better. We're going to do great! Fantastic! See, how I can be so positive and cheerful! Yay!

((Is it working?))

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home