Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I love when...

you have a day-off during the week. We can eat homemade fried donuts for breakfast and watch Bob Barker on the Price is Right. Let's hide in our room and have mind-blowing sex during the daylight hours. We won't even get out of our pj's all day long, unless it means getting naked. You can run my bath water and sit and talk to me while I soak. We'll pretend to be young lovers with no responsibilites and little else to do. You can laugh at me when I take a big drink and miss my mouth entirely. I'll take pictures as you nap with your hair sticking straight up and your hairy legs are escaping from the sheets. Let's do the laundry wearing nothing at all, but remind me to get dressed before we cook anything splattery. Hot food popping on bare breasts is nothing to laugh about. Let's wrestle and tickle each other and beg for mercy when we can't stand it anymore. You can sit on the couch and hoot and holler while I parade around in silly outfits; putting on my own version of a fashion show. Who says thigh-highs and camouflage don't go together? Let's be silly. Immature. Irresponsible. We should open a cookbook and make whatever is on the page we turn to. We could get high on the best pot or drink a gallon of wine. Let's take turns wrapping silly things that we already own and pretend to be suprised as we exchange our "gifts". You can show me your "crooked finger" trick and I can touch my nose with my tongue. Let's make out in the backseat of the car. We haven't played strip poker in a long time. Don't you think we should? Let's listen to AC/DC at a mind-melting decibal. We should dance to Bruce Springsteen and sing with Axl Rose. We will play and frolic and tease and laugh and then crawl up on the couch together and drift off to sleep with our legs entertwined and our hearts on our sleeve. When we wake up and the kids and the dogs and the bills and stress are a reality, you know what... It's ok. We still have "us".

8 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

That sounds like a perfect day to me!! This post almost made me cry because hubby and I rarely ever get time alone.

4:44 PM  
Blogger S. Lynne Fremont said...

That *does* sound like a nice day. One of these days, I hope to have one JUST like that.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

That is the most beautiful thing I've ever read from you! You guys give me hope. Hope that one day I too will have what you have.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Anj - I'm so glad that you liked it. I know what you mean about not having time. This post was slightly in jest, because we actually don't have much time alone. C was off yesterday and we did have the awesome sex, but the rest had to be put aside for the little guy under our feet. It's ok though...

Lynne - I'm convinced that you WILL find it one day. You deserve it.

Krista - I was worried when I typed this up that it would make you sad considering the circumstances. I'm glad that it worked in the opposite direction. *hugs*

9:18 PM  
Blogger noodge said...

Amazing how people can forget all those little things you mentioned. That was such a great post!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Thanks Noodge! I'm glad you liked it. I've been feeling a bit mushy and clingy this holiday season... Can ya tell?

9:59 PM  
Blogger Amelia said...

What a wonderful way of saying things!!

7:44 AM  
Blogger J said...

That is an awesome post. I hope you did each and every one of those things.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home