Monday, November 22, 2004

Daydreaming

Do you have those days? Those days where you find your mind wandering...

I stand up and walk to the laundry room to feed the machine and I suddenly stop. Where am I going? Why am I standing in the kitchen? What did I come in here for?

Oh yea... The laundry. As I pour the soap and sort the clothes, I think of lighthouses and a sandy beach. Sipping a mai tai while lounging on a deck chair. I imagine that the sounds of the water rushing into the machine are in fact the sounds of a waterfall. A magnificent rushing waterfall set in a jungle. As I sit at the edge of the falls, with the water spraying my legs I listen to the sound of my own heartbeat. Beating. I look up and see a mountain. An awe-inspiring mountain that leaves me breathless in its beauty. The wildflowers are a foot high and they stretch for miles. I stroll through them letting my hands graze the tops, letting the petals tickle my palms. Next I'm gripping the bar as the rollercoaster slowly makes it's way up the towering hill and then I scream like a banshee as we careen down the other side. Now I'm taking the clothes out of the dryer. Folding.

Daydreaming.... If only that Mountain wasn't this pile of clothes needing to be washed...

4 Comments:

Blogger Harmony said...

I only wish doing laundry was that interesting for me...the hike to and from the laundry room though is often too much to bear...

12:28 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Yea, and people wonder how I stay sane. Daydreaming!

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work fax telephone numbers projectors and brightest Nissan terano Plastic surgeons nuevo laredo tamaulipas mexico Alabama cleaners electric vacuum industrial Imitrex medication.html Atlanta ice making equipment and machines manufacturers

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home